Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Great Query Contest of 2013?

Hi folks! 

Back in 2010, we had a query contest on this site that included this entry: 

#3: EMBER
Dear Mr. Agentoftheyear,

Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back from the dead. Now anything Ember touches dies, and that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Daemon Cromwell breaks into her house, claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s crazy. But when he tells her he can help her control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Daemon’s adopted father, a man she is sure has skeevy reasons for collecting gifted children like action figures.

Learning to control her fingers-of-death holds a powerful allure. Ember is willing to do anything to be able to hold her sister's hand again. And heck, she'd also like to be able to kiss Daemon. But when Ember learns the accident that made her a freak wasn’t an accident, she’s not sure who to trust.

Someone wanted Ember dead, and they still do. The closer Ember gets to the truth, the closer she gets to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.

Ember is a YA Paranormal Romance complete at 82,000. I thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Jennifer ABC


Yeah, "Jennifer ABC" is that Jennifer, and finding this little gem in the blog archives made me giggle, because this is the query for the book that became Cursed...

... and look at what the guy's name was!

Sooo, I bring this up to see if there is any interest in a query contest again this year. If you're interested, please leave a comment below, and feel free to spread the word--the more interest there is, the more likely we are to make it happen.

14 comments:

Sheritha Singh said...

Yes. I'd love to enter this year. Especially since I took a writing course and passed with distinction. Please make this happen.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a query contest! :)

Stephanie Scott said...

Very interested in this happening. Do it!

Gwenyth Love said...

Definitely interested!

Anonymous said...

I know of a few writer buddies of mine who'd be interested, for sure. I'd love to enter myself, but alas, I'm not sure I'd have my MS ready in time.

Rochelle said...

That would be awesome!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Fantastic voice in that query! I can see why it caught your eye.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Deniz Bevan said...

I'd love to enter the contest again!

Unknown said...

Yes! I'd love to enter.

Judy Clemens said...

Yes, this sounds great!

Unknown said...

I think a query contest is a great idea!

Lora Palmer said...

I remember entering this wonderful contest--maybe back in 2011? Thank you again for the feedback, and I hope you do have enough interest to hold the contest again this year!

Nita said...

Obat Stamina Aman
Obat Herbal Batuk Kering,Gatal, Berdahak
Pengobatan Liver Secara Alami
Obat Pengecil Perut Sehabis Melahirkan
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan Berdahak
Obat Hepatitis Herbal Terampuh