Friday, July 29, 2011

Pet Peeve

I've got to say, I'm not a fan of the online ads or widgets with sound. Yes, they look and sometimes even sound cool, but I still have a terrible startle whenever a wave or thunderstorm suddenly crashes through my computer. I'm a multitasker, so I then have to figure out which recently opened page has the offending ad, which is often a challenge as many people--this blog included--have a parade of widgets along the margins. It doesn't help that I often listen to music or a podcast while I'm working, so the volume is turned up and really makes the sound effects prominent.  

How about you--YES or NO to widgets with sound?

Happy weekend!

9 comments:

Loralie Hall said...

Definite no. For the exact reasons you listed. I'm glad all the people out there want to share their playlists. And I want to know...but I'd like to listen on my own time. And in ads...just no.

GigglesandGuns said...

Guess I'm selfish because I prefer my own music background. I dislike being startled.

Lisa Rogers said...

Guess that makes it three for three I don't like them either.

Deb Salisbury said...

An emphatic NO to sites with sound. I generally put them on my "stay outta there" list.

Jennifer L. Armentrout said...

I cannot stand them, that and websites that have music that plays in the background.

Like the Silence and new Hunger Games widget. It's gorgeous but I think my computer is being attacked

julie fedderson said...

NO! Can't stand sites with sound effects or music. Nothing is more embarrassing than to be quietly surfing the net in a public place when the Starlight Vocal Band starts playing at full blast because you forgot to mute your laptop. Of course, maybe I should rethink the sites I visit.

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Oh definitely NO to widgets/etc with sound. There is nothing creepier than for me to be lost in my own little world and something on an app/etc startles me (ie someone starts talking.) Ugh!

You have a good weekend, too!

Sporadically Yours said...

I like silence too, here, there, EVERYWHERE ;-) I keep the computer on mute as a default ;-)

Keisha Azzalea said...


Tips Untuk Menghilangkan Penyakit Diabetes
Obat Herbal Kanker Rahim Stadium 4
Cara Mengobati Sakit Perut Di Bagian Bawah Sebelah Kiri
Obat Pencegahan Tumor Parotis
Obat Diabetes Melitus Tradisional
Cara Menghilangkan TBC Kelenjar
Manfaat Ikan Lele Bagi Kesehatan
Kandungan Dan Manfaat Lidah Buaya Bagi Penderita Wasir
Manfaat Sambiloto Bagi Kesehatan
Tips Untuk Menghilangkan Warna Bibir Hitam