Monday, August 29, 2011

HurriCon!

Pi-Con really is one of my favorite cons. There's such a wonderful sense of nerdly camaraderie! I love talking books, and, with thirteen panels, I really did a bunch of it. I got to hang out with a bunch of Spencer Hill Press people, as well.

As for the hurricane... my husband and kids lost power back home in New Hampshire, but everyone's okay. We just got a bunch of wind and rain here--no real problems or damage. I stayed on an extra day, though, just in case, which seems like a good idea, since my normal driving route would have taken me through Brattleboro, VT:

3 comments:

Emily White said...

Oh wow. That looks awful! We saw a LOT of that going home. In fact, part of the thruway was flooded. It was a little scary in some parts, but we ended up getting through it.

Emily White said...

Oh, and yes! Pi-Con was so much fun! I loved meeting everyone!

Disgruntled Bear said...

So glad you and Jessica got back safely, Emily! It was a BLAST hanging out with you this weekend!