Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Logo

Hi folks,

Our distributor is redesigning the sales interface for its website, and they are very proud of the fact that they will display the logos of their publishing partners.

My first thought: "Uh-oh. We don't have a logo."

Well, we have a mockup for one now. What do you think?


Please leave a comment; this is just a mockup, and we still can tweak, change or discard at this point. Basically, we want something simple and non-cheesy that will look good on letterhead, bookplates, book spines, websites, and the like. Does this do it?

9 comments:

Dark Franny said...

It's good, but I pictured SHP in b/w :) Is it too simple then?

Silvia said...

I like it a lot! :)

Emily White said...

I like it. It's simple, but it also stands out. Very nice!

mromero said...

I like it, although if the letter is black won't it blend in to the book spines maybe you could make the road black and the lettering white?

Disgruntled Bear said...

Ooh, Marie, I like that idea.

Eliza Tilton said...

It reminds me of Summit which reminds me of Twilight, but if you look at Summit's logo, they're still different.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) said...

It looks like I'm alone here, but I really don't like the logo. I think it's too plain. I think it needs to pop more to really feel like it represents Spencer Hill and the books you guys publish. Does that make sense?

Even just having the letters 'SHP' in some cool kind of font would look good; or the words 'Spencer Hill Press' with a clean-cut image. Maybe it's the coloring or something that bothers me, but I don't feel like this logo resonates with the Spencer Hill books I've read.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks for the feedback, Nikki! I appreciate the honesty. We'll still be using the black letters for the name and on the letterhead, even if we do introduce this little mountain scene around in a few places. I'm in no rush to put it on the spines, yet, especially on existing series, since it would mess with the visual continuity.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I like it!