Monday, January 11, 2010

That which does not kill you ... still hurts like hell.

Woke up at 5:12am today. Two reasons: my 3-year-old came in to snuggle, and my subconscious is still chewing on the weekend's MINDER comments like they're made of rawhide.

The danger is there, but my MC only knows about some of it. How do I convey the elements of danger that my MC doesn't even know about? In a first-person narrative?

Hmmm...

I'm thinking ...

1) overheard conversations.

2) another character being worried but not sharing his reasons.

And how do I further develop my MC in the opening pages so that people actually care that she's in danger? Particularly when she's not a very warm person? (Red-Green, for all you Porter enthusiasts).

Ooh, and I had a really cool idea for the cover art. At the very least, I think it may become part of the website at Ganzfield.com. I'm just beginning to set it up; I'll blog-brag about it when it's worth seeing.

On an unrelated note, my brother and sister-in-law have a new video up that makes me laugh out loud while simultaneously cringing into the fetal position: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J67xJKpB6c

1 comment:

ann foxlee said...

Ok, first of all, that youtube video almost made me pee my pants. Kudos to them for making that soooo spot on!

Second, love your blog :-)

ummm, word verification is 'unfoxy'. screw you, random word generator!