Monday, March 29, 2010

It Sounds Dirty

I'll admit it; it's nothing to be ashamed of, right? I've Googled myself a time or two.

This weekend, I checked out my nom de blog, though, and found this:*

* warning: the soundtrack isn't appropriate for the workplace, or around small children, or, frankly, around anyone. But it'll make you laugh until honey comes out your nose.




I also got a chance to watch an old movie this weekend. GHOSTBUSTERS is such a classic! Brilliant set-up of character, setting, conflict, and rising action. But the dialogue still seems like the highlight to me:

"Ray when someone asks
if you're a god, you say—YES!"

And for years, I used the phrase:

"I love this plan—
I'm excited to be a part of it!"

The special effects don't really hold up--it was made pre-CGI. Since I started writing in earnest, I'm more aware of the puppet-strings of books, shows, and movies. It ruins a lot of TV watching when you guess the ending six minutes into the opening.

But, when a story really pops, it's chocolate for the mind.

6 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

Was GHOSTBUSTERS the first movie to trash New York City since King Kong?

StephanieD said...

I don't remember watching Ghostbusters for the special effects, even back in the day. Watch Zombieland - Bill Murray does an awesome cameo in that one.

Andrea Franco-Cook said...

The characters and their quirky comments are what held my attention.

I also love "Back To The Future," Michael J. Fox was great in it.

Disgruntled Bear said...

I loved Back to the Future!

The sequels weren't as good as the first, but I remember the urban legend that the sports records book from the future listed "Florida winning the pennant."

...before Florida even had a baseball team, which DID win the pennant in the year mentioned. Oooh.

BTW, that "future" is five years from now. Where are the flying cars? I want my flying car.

Andrea Franco-Cook said...

Yeah, me too. I'd save a ton on airfare(:

Keisha Azzalea said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Di Leher
Pengobtan Diabetes Herbal
Obat Syaraf Kejepit
Cara Mengobati Penyakit
Obat Alami Untuk Ibu Hamil Yang Aman
Obat Diabetes Melitus
Obat Tradisional Tumor Parotis
Obat Kanker Rahim Herbal
Obat Wasir Untuk Ibu Hamil
Obat Tumor Bibir Atau Mulut Yang Alami