Thursday, July 1, 2010

Interview

I've got to say, I really like the way that author interviews have evolved over the past decade. No longer are we "um"ing our way through the wilderness of public radio. Actually, maybe some authors still do radio interviews, but I can't remember the last time I heard one. I have, however, read a ton of them online. Many of them convinced me to buy the author's book, too--although getting me to buy books isn't much of a challenge. :)

Anyway, I woke up to find that the interview I did a few days ago with Lua Fowles at Bowl of Oranges had been posted.

Check it out:
http://likeabowloforanges.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/an-interview-with-author-kate-kaynak/

Lua's an aspiring writer with great potential! I had a chance to read some of her work, and I'm still mentally marinating a particularly delicious paragraph that illuminated her MC's relationship with her father. I think she'll be published within the next few years, so you should go become followers of her blog now, so you can say that you "knew her when."

BTW, any interest in reading interviews here at The Disgruntled Bear?

3 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

How about a post on how to do online interviews? We could look at both sides: the interviewer and the interviewee.

Kit said...

I read and loved your interview! But I am sad that some of them will be NA, I won't be able to read them :*( ... yet.

~Kit

Disgruntled Bear said...

Hi Kit!
Well, I'm working on book 4 now, and parts of the first draft straddled the line between YA and NA. I'm trying to tone down some of the harder stuff, though. At this point, it's still in the same category as books like House of Night and Wicked Lovely--edgy, but not explicit. So, book 4 should be YA by the time I'm done. I wouldn't want to alienate my readers--or their moms! :)