Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Barnes and Noble

Like Amazon, Barnes and Noble have their good points and bad points.

Right now, I LOVE the fact that their pre-order price for Legacy is only $8.76.

I'm NOT so thrilled with the fact that they've listed Spencer Hill Press as the AUTHOR of Adversary, which explains why I haven't seen it on my author page. I've got an email in to the corrections people, so we'll see what happens.

UPDATE: they've listed me as the author now (yay!), but it hasn't made its way through the system to my author page.

Finally, I came across this quote a few weeks ago, then saw it somewhere else, and now can't recall either source (although that lack of recall may be partially due to the fact that I'm writing this at 2:47 a.m.).

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia."
– E.L. Doctorow

I'm considering embroidering it on a pillow--in my copious spare time.

7 comments:

vic caswell said...

oh my goodness! that's terrible!
(i'm halfway through MINDER right now!! :) )

Unknown said...

Aww that’s a terrible mistake Kate- I hope they fix it soon!
I love that quote! I’ve heard and read it so many times, I actually think it is true :)

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks X and Lua! I'm cautiously optimistic.

Unknown said...

Same sort of thing happens to me, Amazon list my new book as out of print as I don't send stock their way... grrr.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Hi Carole Anne,

Is this the new one?
Candle Dark (Ironbridge Gorge Series)
Where CAN we get copies? :)

Unknown said...

Haha! I love that quote. So does my other self. I mean characters I mean . . .

coley said...

I love that quote!!! LOL

I'm glad B&N are getting things fixed.