Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Weird

As a recovering nerd, I fell off the wagon this weekend--BIG-TIME. I went to Pi-Con, "An event for Geeks, Nerds, and Dorks." Personally, I prefer to call it "A Celebration of the Nerdly Arts."
Snapshot impressions of Pi-Con:
  • "I know where my towel is."
  • "I haven't thought about Babylon-5 this much in years." 
  • "Tom Smith is an underrated genius."
  • "We need to put up signs for Ninja-con...and have them lead to an empty room."
  • "I want a Unipegikitty:"
Art by Jeff Zugale. Source: http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/05/30/fanfic-contest/
I came home to discover that Damsel in a Dirty Dress has given me the Strange Blog Award:

Stop on over and feed her fish (lower left)--it's hypnotic.Thanks, Nicole!

Be sure and post a comment for Adversary's Virtual Launch Party by Wednesday of you'd like to win a signed copy. I'll also have a t-shirt giveaway at the upcoming reading and signing at Border's Books in Concord.

3 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

One more thought:

If anyone actually does Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog" as a Rocky-Horror-style participation show, please INVITE ME!

vic caswell said...

being a nerd is a wonderful thing! embrace it! :) glad you had fun!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks, Aspiring_x!