Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Weird

As a recovering nerd, I fell off the wagon this weekend--BIG-TIME. I went to Pi-Con, "An event for Geeks, Nerds, and Dorks." Personally, I prefer to call it "A Celebration of the Nerdly Arts."
Snapshot impressions of Pi-Con:
  • "I know where my towel is."
  • "I haven't thought about Babylon-5 this much in years." 
  • "Tom Smith is an underrated genius."
  • "We need to put up signs for Ninja-con...and have them lead to an empty room."
  • "I want a Unipegikitty:"
Art by Jeff Zugale. Source: http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/05/30/fanfic-contest/
I came home to discover that Damsel in a Dirty Dress has given me the Strange Blog Award:

Stop on over and feed her fish (lower left)--it's hypnotic.Thanks, Nicole!

Be sure and post a comment for Adversary's Virtual Launch Party by Wednesday of you'd like to win a signed copy. I'll also have a t-shirt giveaway at the upcoming reading and signing at Border's Books in Concord.

4 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

One more thought:

If anyone actually does Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog" as a Rocky-Horror-style participation show, please INVITE ME!

aspiring_x said...

being a nerd is a wonderful thing! embrace it! :) glad you had fun!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks, Aspiring_x!

Keisha Azzalea said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Stroke Ringan Tradisional
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Kuning Anak
Obat Anak Tradisional
Eva Nurlela
Obat Benjolan Di Bawah Dagu
Obat Sakit Gigi Ibu Menyusui
Cara Menghilangkan Asam Urat
Obat Memperlancar Buang Air Besar
Eva Herbal
Obat Migren Untuk Ibu Hamil