Monday, August 2, 2010

Apparently I'm an Abomination

Thanks to Suzanne for the link
A few days ago, a friend posted this link on Facebook: http://gizmodo.com/5588219/god-hates-nerds

BTW, given the context, I keep reading "Rom." as short for "Romulans," rather than "Romans."

The story of this group has been on my mind ever since. At first, I was sure it was a Onion-like fake article. I have a character in my WIP who truly believes that God likes and dislikes the same things he does.   I used to worry that he was a bit unrealistic in this regard.

Now I wish he was a bit unrealistic. *sigh*

On the plus side, the counter-protest gave me hope.  There may always be ignorant hate-mongers among us, but thankfully, we still have people willing to make fun of them.

6 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

And lo, he spake unto them, saying, "Thou art abominations in my sight. Your screens shall say unto you, '404 Error: File Not Found,' and you shall be childless, for those who wear the ears of a Vulcan wilst never liest with a woman."





(This was my original comment on Facebook, BTW)

fairyhedgehog said...

Romulans 9:13 had me in fits of laughter!

vic caswell said...

ugh. isn't this the same church that sets up the protests at the funerals of fallen soldiers? these bozos make all of us people of faith seem like cretins. btw, the verse has NO support for the idiot's theory. crazy people... grumble... grr... ROAR!

Disgruntled Bear said...

I'm with you, aspiring x!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Romulans 9:13 -- really. that was too funny!
Freedom of speech is wonerful. Too bad a lot of people only want it for themselves.

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Infeksi Rahim
Obat Migren Ibu Menyusui
Obat Hemofilia
Menghilangkan Iritasi Lambung
Obat Kelenjar Payudara
Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Luka Kecelakaan Alami
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Mesothelioma
Obat Tumor Parotis
Maag Anak Tradisional
Obat Sindrom Ovarium Polikistik