Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

This American holiday has a special meaning in our family, since our twins were born five years ago tomorrow.

Get it? "Labor" Day?

We're having the family party today and baking cupcakes for their kindergarten classes. So, I have two topics for your discussion:

1) What's the BEST birthday memory you have as a kid?

2) I need a little help with research for my WIP. I posted this last week on Facebook, but I figure a few more opinions couldn't hurt. Here's the deal. I have a character who is an 18-year-old American guy who LOVES cars. He now has to pick a late model one to use. Money is not an object (let's hypothetically give him 100K Euro max), but he needs something that won't stand out too much (e.g., no red Ferraris). However, it needs to be able to kick butt on the Autobahn. Any suggestions?

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

1) On my sixth birthday, I came home from school to find that my mom had replaced my bedroom furniture with a gorgeous, frilly, pink canopy bed. It was a *princess* bed. It was awesome, and the canopy made the best frame for bedroom forts.

Vicki Rocho said...

I remember my 10th birthday. I got a chinese jumprope which was all the rage back then and I was good. I also got a doll in a wedding dress that would play the wedding march. Oh! And my first ever rose from my daddy!

We ate spaghetti (I requested it every year...and still do!) and it was a great day!

Deniz Bevan said...

I wish I knew something about cars and could help you!
But it's great to meet you at Karen G's BBQ :-)

vic caswell said...

LOL! my sister was born on labor day too!

best birthday- my above-mentioned- sister made a cardboard box "horse stable" for me, and we pretended to be ponies... she made it herself and i was completely surprised. it was sweet!

i know nothing about cars- except that a 1965 shelby mustang is a beautiful thing.... here i'll link you up- second picture is what i'm talking about!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Lumpuh
Obat Kanker Indung Telur
Obat Kencing Nanah Alami
Mengobati Herpes Genetalis
Obat Tradisional Darah Kotor
Obat Asam Lambung
Obat Kencing Batu Herbal
Mengobati Kanker Prostat
Obat Leukimia Anak Tradisional
Cara Mengobati Urine Kencing