Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The New Look Seems to Work

There's a new review of Adversary over at Book Crazy today. Thanks for reviewing, Jenn!
Thanks also to Cari at Cari's Book Blog for reviewing, as well!
I'm still buzzing from this one at Escape Between the Pages

Q: Why do black backgrounds bother some people's eyes?
A: No clue. You stumped me!

Aspiring_x, I'm actually honored that you would risk migraines to read my blog!

Most people seem to think that the new look works, although a few people miss the black background. I think it worked with the bear theme (like I was writing from my cave), but this works, too. I'm keeping the black over at Ganzfield.com, though, so you can get a darkness-fix over there.

Cindy asked:
1. Can you create a character in book 5 that has the talent of folding and putting away my laundry? It would be much appreciated.
A: I'd just ask Trevor to do it--how cool would THAT be to watch? You make a good point, though; I never show my characters doing laundry.

2. Can I get one of those Minder t-shirts so I can take my picture with it on?
A: Yes!  Email me with your size!

3. What is your record word count for a day? (I know you've got this in your excel spreadsheet somewhere!)
A: When I'm doing a first draft, I make myself do 1000 words each day.  They don't have to be good, but they have to be written.  Well, last summer I really got into a semi-manic writing frenzy and--on one of the Saturdays that my husband took the kids from dawn to dusk (known as a "writing vacation" in our house)--I wrote...11,998 words.

My own jaw drops at that. I doubt I'll ever get anywhere close to doing that ever again (I've been under 3K per day on book 5 so far).

But that's why the first draft of book 4 took less than a month to write. 

4. Wanna have lunch?
Yeah!  Email me!

BTW, folks, I'll be in Boston, NYC, and Albany for business this fall and winter.  If you live in or near one of these places, let me know and I'll try to set up a book event or something.

9 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

I should've tacked on two more words to get that over 12,000.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you wrote that much in one day! The highest I've gotten is close to 3K but I only get to write late at night most of the time so that could be why. I'm glad you're sticking with the light colored background. Makes me happy. :-)

I'm emailing you now!

Unknown said...

Holy crap in ONE day?! That's crazy!!! Gotta head over to your site and get me one of those shirts - :) Love me a little Minder! :D

Disgruntled Bear said...

Yeah, it IS kinda crazy, and that was a pretty rough draft. Normally I write an average of 500 words an hour, but the story for book 4 was really vivid in my head at the time, so I was basically taking dictation from my subconscious.

Nicole Zoltack said...

The most I've ever written in one day was just over 5K and I thought that was a lot! Wow!

Disgruntled Bear said...

5K IS a lot, Nicole! That almost 12K was a rarity. I average less than 2K a day when I'm writing first drafts.

vic caswell said...

i must type super slow! i think i wrote 1500 words one day... :)

and of course your blog is worth the headache- you CRACK ME UP!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow that's a lot of words but Woohooo for us we get more books :)

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Lumpuh
Obat Kanker Indung Telur
Obat Kencing Nanah Alami
Mengobati Herpes Genetalis
Obat Tradisional Darah Kotor
Obat Asam Lambung
Obat Kencing Batu Herbal
Mengobati Kanker Prostat
Obat Leukimia Anak Tradisional
Cara Mengobati Urine Kencing