Friday, September 17, 2010

Plotting

I'm a plotter when I write. I spend much of my day deep in my head, thinking about the people of Ganzfield and what they're doing.  When ideas strike, I jot down notes on post-its.

Ideas hit me all over the place, so I have post-its everywhere.  I try to herd them back to my computer, but some of them take the scenic route, so I find them again on my doors, the microwave, my purse, etc.

Apparently, this has made an impression on my 5-year-old daughter.  I woke up yesterday to find these on my bedroom door:
Happy weekend!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww it runs in the family ;p

http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

Emily White said...

Cute!

fairyhedgehog said...

Those are so cute!

vic caswell said...

whatta cutie!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! She wants to be like her mom :)

Disgruntled Bear said...

I love it! I think she has some good notes there for a preschool counting book.

Unknown said...

Kate, do you have a future writer on your hands? That is so cute. You should keep those and smuggle them into a book someday..that would be so cute!

I can only imagine the sticky notes you accumulate. Oh to have the Ganzfield crew in your head all the time...can't wait to hear your continuation of an incredible world you have created.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks, Mindy!

My daughter may very well be a writer or an artist/illustrator. She LOVES doing stuff like that.

As for the Ganzfield folks, they're almost always in my head, and I ADORE having them there. That's really what I enjoy most about being a writer--hanging out with my imaginary friends. :)