Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pirates!

Since I'm promoting my book series, I have Google Alerts send me a daily email listing new sites with my name, my book names, etc.

Yesterday, I got a hit for someone requesting that other people upload my books to a pirate site.
*Dunh-Dunh-DUNH!*

Is it weird that I thought this was AWESOME?

First off--hey, she wants to read my books!

Second--they haven't been pirated yet (at least on that site).

I considered replying to her request, but I couldn't think of anything to write that didn't sound whiny or snarky, yet still conveyed my desire that she actually compensate me for my work.

So, I wrote this instead. If you come up with a cool or funny reply I should send to this person, please post it below.

Next piece of news:
Maggie Stiefvater's Forever now has a cover, and it looks gaw-jus!
Finally, thanks to Cindy for a great lunch yesterday. She's got a YA novel in the works that looks like it's going to be a-maz-ing. Speaking of amazing novels, if you have a YA paranormal/fantasy/sci-fi novel ready to submit, polish up your queries. We're going to have a contest here starting late next week.

Step 1: I'll ask you to submit your query letters as comments to the blog.
Step 2: We'll critique them over several days and give you a chance to polish and resubmit for the second round.
Step 3: readers will vote for the winner, who will receive a (viciously blunt) partial critique.  

Now, here's the kicker.  My publisher, Spencer Hill Press, is looking for a couple of new projects in the coming year. So this little contest is the backdoor to possibly getting a full MS request from a publisher.

Oh, and the winner of last week's giveaway is Cass (Words on Paper). Congratulations, Cass!

UPDATE: This new review for Minder made me giddy:
http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-minder-by-kate-kaynak.html

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the book cover, and well done with Pirates!

vic caswell said...

DAH!!! not ready to submit!!!
must. write. faster!!!!

congrats(???) on the pirates! is that the internet-age way of knowing your book is successful? people try to steal it???

Disgruntled Bear said...

LOL, aspiring_x!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks, Carole! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this. I've been in my writing cave these past few days. No sleep, not much eating now I'm paying for it because I'm sick. Boo!

Thank you so much for the HUGE compliment, Kate! It was amazing to meet you and I am just thrilled with your feedback. Is it too soon to confess my love? LOL

I'm so looking forward to your contest!
L

Disgruntled Bear said...

LOL, Cindy!

You know, some day I'll be bragging about how I knew you BEFORE you were famous. :)

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...



I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Obat Batu Ginjal Yang Aman
Obat Penyakit Batu Empedu
Obat Batuk Darah Alami Yang Aman
Obat Bronkitis Yang Aman
Pengobatan Polip Serviks Herbal
Pengobatan Ginjal Kotor
Agen Ace Maxs Kuningan
Cara Menghilangkan Kesemutan
Obat Campak Alami
Obat Benjolan Di Selangkangan