Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anything Good on TV?

I used to watch a lot of television. In high school, I even did my homework in front of it. I've created and consumed countless meals there. I fed my infant twins while watching shows they're not allowed to see now.

But I've fallen out-of-love with TV. I still like shows like Glee and How I Met Your Mother. And I usually catch The Daily Show and NBC News, because I'd hate to ever say something like, "We're in a war? Really?"

But it's hard to find something that can sustain my undivided attention anymore. Even with one of the aforementioned programs, I still feel the urge to check my email or edit the MINDER book trailer in iMovie (it's starting to look pretty cool, I think).

So, am I missing anything? Is there a show out there that makes you go blind from sheer awesomeness? Is anyone still watching TV?

*sigh* I miss the early seasons of X-FILES. And FRIENDS. Remember MOONLIGHTING? It had some of the best banter ever written.

11 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

I have three kids, a job, and a book coming out this year. If I'm going to take the time to watch something, it had better be worth it.

fairyhedgehog said...

Dr Who.

It looks like you'll be able to get it in the States on 17th April (according to this site) otherwise I think you can use a proxy site to watch it on BBC iplayer.

It's good. Very, very good.

StephTheBookworm said...

I'm also a huge Glee fan. Have you watched Modern Family? It's epic... and hilarious. Same goes with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Matthias said...

Chuck, but you have to watch from the beginning. Fringe, but you have to watch from the beginning AND deal with the fact that most of the first season was pretty bad before it turned into total awesome. Those are probably my two favorite things on TV right now, not counting Glee.

Doctor Who seconded, if you're into that sort of thing, which I am (although there too you have to put up with a lot of crap in between the awesome).

Sandra Patterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Patterson said...

(Second attempt) Hey DB, just wanted to let you know I've awarded you a Beautiful Blogger Award. Details on my blog.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks, Sandra!

Theresa Milstein said...

"And I usually catch The Daily Show and NBC News, because I'd hate to ever say something like, 'We're in a war? Really?'"

That was a great line!

I'm afraid to tell you the garbage on my DVR, but I listen to NPR and watch The Daily Show to balance it out. I watch reality shows, like and Top Chef, Project Runway. I'm also a big fan of 30 Rock and The Soup. Other than that, it's basketball and baseball.

Theresa Milstein said...

I watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia like StephTheBookworm.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! With Hulu and iTunes, I can catch up on some of them this summer, after the book comes out.

Unknown said...

I enjoy "Lost." Never miss it, but this is the final season. Ugly Betty too, but also the final season.
"V" is a new scifi series and I'm trying to get up to speed on it. Also, "Burn Notice" and "White Collar" are excellent summer and fall shows.