Friday, April 23, 2010

Paper vs. E-Books

Thanks for the brainstorming session yesterday! You had some great ideas.

MINDER's coming out in both paper and e-book forms. What formats are people reading these days? Do you have a Kindle, iPad, or other e-reader? Have you downloaded the free software to read Kindle books on your computer?

So, another question forum today: Do you have a preference among the different e-readers, or are you still a paper-person? Does price make any difference--e.g., would you read an e-book if it had a significantly lower price compared to the paper version?

I'll do the SWAG giveaway again today: I'll send a MINDER sticker in the mail to the first 5 people who use the Ganzfield contact form to send me their mailing addresses (US and Canada only, please).

4 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

I've used the Kindle for Mac, but only to read books. Apparently, you need to get the actual iPad for the time-travel app to work. :)

Nicole said...

I'm still a paper reader. I'd love to own a nook, but I can't afford it. I can't afford any of them.

If reader manufacturers want to world wide take over paper books, they are going to have to figure out how to decrease the cost of their technology so that the everydayman can buy one!

... Sorry. It's an on going conversation here...

Disgruntled Bear said...

Same here. I like the Kindle for Mac, but paper's still my first choice.

Erica said...

paper is beautiful and, if I had my druthers I'd be a millionaire and have a gigantic library, but since I'm not (yay minimum wage!) I'm entirely willing to buy an ebook when the price is significantly lower than the physical copy. Granted, I can't afford an actual ereader but I do have the software on my laptop, which I cart around anyway.