Thursday, April 1, 2010

Devoured by Wolverines

Late post today--I just finished an all day training session for my day job. Work on the book launch continues apace, and I hope to have news on the marketing plan soon.

On the training side, I've been mulling over teaching a course on character development, based on the motivational stuff from these training sessions. Is there any interest out there for a two-day course that teaches aspiring writers how to create believable characters and vibrant interactions? I'm considering putting group activities on the first day, then have critique sessions on the second day, so people can learn to apply the material to their own work. Is there something else that you'd like to see in a writing workshop?

BTW, there's no pressure if you express interest; I'm not going to show up at your house with my flip chart or anything. But please post a comment if you'd be interested in a course like that.

Also include the major city (anywhere in the world--I love to travel) where you'd like it to be held. I live in New Hampshire, so I'd probably have the first session in the Boston area. But I can dream of Venice, right?

Oh, and if you give me feedback here in the comments section, I'll give you a 25% discount on the registration fee, if and when I ever get my act together and set this up. No foolin'.

How can you resist?

1 comment:

Disgruntled Bear said...

This writing workshop will be a lot more popular if/when MINDER becomes an international bestseller.

Dare to dream...