Thursday, April 22, 2010

Telling You What You Want to Hear

Help! My publicist needs several articles from me.

I'm going to do a series of guest-blogs (I'll link the Bear to these, of course), and I need to come up with some topics related to my book's themes, or to writing YA paranormal novels, or to something that I can relate back to my book somehow.

I could come up with some things on my own, but I then realized that I could get some input from you great folks--and therefore write on something you're actually interested in reading.

So, what would you like to read about? Do you have any questions about the writing, editing, publishing, or marketing processes in the changing world of publishing? Do you want something kind of fun, like: "You know you're a latent telepath if..." or a dating guide for the would-be girlfriends/boyfriends of pyrokinetics?

Open forum: ask about anything that interests you today!

Oh, and to give you a little SWAG today, I'll send a MINDER sticker in the mail to the first 5 people who use the Ganzfield contact form to send me their mailing addresses (US and Canada only, please). They're 3x5-inches, and can be used indoors or out. And hey, you can't beat FREE!

7 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

The making of a book cover.

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm interested in how you came to decide to self-publish and how you overcame hurdles along the way. Unless you've already blogged about this and I missed it.

Rigel said...

I'm quite interested in what happens AFTER you self-publish. I've thought of self-publishing, myself, and I was just wondering what it'd be like. In what means did you self-publish, anyway? Also, how'd you get a publicist? (I want one!) Do you get to do booksignings and stuff like that? -- that kind of stuff. (I'm incredibly curious.)

Looking forward to your posts.

Theresa Milstein said...

I agree with Fairyhedgehog and Kuyderjudd. Since I realize that doesn't help you, I'll come up with something else.

Hearing writer's paths always fascinates me. When did you decide to be a writer? How much have you written? What is your process (outliner or panster)? Where did you draw your inspiration for this piece?

Disgruntled Bear said...

OK! First topic will be:

Publishing Your Own Work
(Don't Try This At Home!)

I'll discuss the different aspects of writing, editing, marketing, etc. that make this route possible for some writers, and cover the various options for getting work out there.

Thanks for the second option, Theresa! I've shied away from "this is my process" pieces in the past, since I always considered it like looking at pictures of someone else's baby--a quick look is fine, but don't bring out the whole album.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Theresa,

Timely post! Roni over at Fiction Groupie was talking about this same topic:
http://fictiongroupie.blogspot.com/2010/04/pantsers-beware.html

And, for the record, her post was interesting enough to keep me reading--maybe I should consider the process piece...

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Pengobatan Penyakit Kulit Herbal
Obat Infeksi Kulit
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Paru Paru