Monday, April 5, 2010

Reality Check


Sixteen-year-old Maddie Dunn needs to learn
how to use her special abilities
before somebody else gets hurt. But the
Ganzfield training facility isn't exactly a nurturing place.

Every social interaction carries the threat of mind-control.

A stray thought can burn a building to the ground.

And people's nightmares don't always stay in their own heads.

But it's still better than New Jersey,
especially once she meets the man of her dreams…


This is what it says on the back of my book. I particularly like the creepy white font at the top. But what about you? If you saw this in a bookstore, would you want to read more? Does anything here make you go--ick, never mind?

Oh, and don't forget to make me give you a t-shirt between now and Friday.

2 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

"But the Ganzfield training facility..."

Something about this sentence doesn't work for me. I think the rest does. Agree? Disagree?

Suggestions?

fairyhedgehog said...

I think this is pretty good and I'd be interested. I wasn't sure if Ganzfield was the name of a place or of something that I was supposed to know about, so I'd agree that this sentence worked less well for me than the rest of it.

I especially like "before somebody else gets hurt" because it had me wondering who's been hurt already.