Thursday, January 13, 2011

Aaaaaaargh!

Okay, so I put the kids to bed last night, and then opened my laptop to a blank screen and a terrible, terrible "hmmmm-pop" that accompanied every attempt to restart.  Long story short, my logic board was fried. I've spent the past 24 hours freaking out about losing the two AWESOME scenes from book five that I wrote AFTER I did my time machine backup in the morning, imagining the kids playing submarine with my backup drive in the bathtub, and wondering where in the family budget the cost of the new computer I just drove two hours to buy at the Nashua Apple store will fit.

However, about five minutes ago, the transfer completed and all my files--including the latest version of book five--survived.

Now I'm going to lie down.

I'll try to get the next pitch critique up within 24 hours, and I'll catch back up over the weekend.  BTW, if you're in Boston this weekend, come find me at Arisia. I'm on a bunch of panels, including the Schools of The Future, the Broad Universe reading, the Speed-Writing Competition, and Sci-Fi Beyond Physics.

3 comments:

Lisa Rogers said...

Yikes sorry about the computer. Mine is trying to go out as well I just keep babying it along and hoping for one more day...

Disgruntled Bear said...

No clue, BTW, why this double-posted. Lisa, listen to your Auntie Bear and back everything up frequently!

keishkaylaaazzalea@gmail.com said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Tips Pengobatan Benjolan Di Leher
Obat Penghilang Penyakit Batu Empedu
Terapi Penghilang Kanker Rahim
Tips Pengobatan Penyakit
Cara Pencegahan Dan Pengobatan Penyakit Diabetes
Hilangkan Penyakit Dengan Herbal Ini
Obat TBC Kelenjar
Tips Pengobatan Yang Aman Bagi Ibu Hamil
Sembuhkan Wasir Dengan Ini
Makanan Yang Di Sarankan Untuk Penderita Asma