Friday, June 11, 2010

Mash-Ups

"You got chocolate in my peanut butter!"
"You got peanut butter on my chocolate!"

(BTW, who walks down the street eating peanut butter directly from the jar?
But that's not important right now.)


Mash-ups are one of the trends in books these days, starting with the classic:


Pride and Prejudice and Zombiesby Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith

If you know the original, this book is hilarious. But where is this headed? Now we have Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, Android Karenina, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, etc.

What mash-up should be next?

6 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

Frankenocchio: The Modern Prometheus. When the puppetmaker Geppetto brings his latest creation to life, villagers run from the deranged wooden boy.

FIRE--BAD!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

I haven't read any of these mash-ups yet. I have the zombie one, but haven't cracked it open.

As for peanut butter in chocolate, walking around with an open jar of peanut butter is gross. Besides, how long can you eat like that before your mouth is glued shut?

Nicole said...

Have you read them? I think they are so cool, but I honestly feel like they are something I would never read. There's just so much other stuff out there to read. Like the originals - I don't think I'd ever find the time for a mash up.

But I love the cover for Android Karenina.

Unknown said...

Now there is Little Women and Werewolves

Disgruntled Bear said...

Ooh! I mean, "Ah-oooooh!"

RichStorrs said...

Mr. Darcy: Vampyre Hunter (with the alternate spelling) is also out...