Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Report Card

I admit it--I was a grade junkie in school.

Lisa Simpson:
Look at me! Grade me! Evaluate and rank me! I'm good, good, good and oh so smart! [drops to her knees] Grade meeeeee!!

(I can't believe this clip isn't on YouTube. The quote's from Classic TV Quotes).


So the first reviews of Minder have been making me bliss! Check 'em out:

http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/2010/06/ya-review-minder.html

http://www.readingteen.net/2010/06/arc-giveaway-of-minder-by-kate-kaynak.html

http://rorreviews.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/minder-by-kate-kaynak/

I'm wicked happy right now and feel like sharing. Who wants a book or a t-shirt? Sign up as a BFF (click "Follow" at the top or the right) and post a comment below. *

* Details:
The winner will be selected at random from the comments received by 7 am (EDT) on Wednesday, June 9th, 2010. The winner needs to be listed as a follower of the blog as of June 9th, 2010. S/he will have his/her choice of a
Minder t-shirt or a signed first edition. I'll announce the winner in tomorrow's post (June 9th, 2010). I'll then need a mailing address in the U.S. or Canada, a prize preference, and a shirt size/inscription name submitted through the Ganzfield contact form.

9 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

"Read me! Reeeeaaad meeeeee!!"

Ellz said...

OK, I know I already read the book, but who could resist a chance at a Minder shirt. Only 10 days left!

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm glad you're getting such good reviews.

I was interested in the one that said that the teens were thinking about sex all the time. Thinking back to my long ago teenage years, that sounds about right!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks for the wonderful post Elie!

Hi Fairyhedgehog! As for Minder's sex-to-other-thought ratio--if anything, I toned it down! BTW, I'm still working on getting Amazon UK to carry Minder. I'll let you know when we get everything set. If they haven't fixed it by the end of the week, we'll add pounds and euro links to Ganzfield and ship directly to individuals in Europe from the UK-based printer.

Gail said...

I tried to leave you a review at Amazon.ca but they are not carrying Minder :(

Disgruntled Bear said...

Hi Gail,
I've been in touch with Amazon CA, and we're trying to fix it. I've had the same delay with Amazon UK, as well. The "I" in ISBN stands for "INTERNATIONAL," but it's not working out that way so far. Thanks for trying, though!

Disgruntled Bear said...

The contest is closed, and the winner is...Elie! I'll get that shirt in the mail today.

Vicki Rocho said...

I'm seriously getting torked off at Google Reader. I was caught up on my blog reading yesterday but this is the THIRD post that didn't show up until this morning. (Great pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth)

All that and I was just gonna say I JUST saw that episode of the Simpsons the other day!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Hi Vicki,

Make sure you stop by next week for the Virtual Launch party! I still have signed copies, shirts, and cookies! Mmm...cookies.