Monday, March 8, 2010

Woo hoo!

I am SO psyched. I'm "filled with psych-osity," as Rennison might have written in ANGUS, THONGS, AND FULL-FRONTAL SNOGGING. Did anyone know that had been turned into a movie? I am so psyched that it's sending me off on tangents involving random British YA novels.

Anyhoo, I have an artist doing AWESOME stills for the book trailer, and a FANTASTIC soundtrack song to accompany them. I have a wonderfully perfectionistic editor polishing MINDER until I can see my face in it. I have a marketing maven developing a plan for getting the word out. I have the forms to add a small press to my existing business in New Hampshire. I have a printer and distributor. I have cover art. I'm getting the ISBN.

And I have a tentative publication date in June, 2010.

That's right, dudes and dude-ettes, MINDER is going to be published this summer!

Unless something happens, good or bad.
Good = one of the agents still looking at pages offers representation.
Bad = one of the several dozen scenarios that wake me in a cold sweat at 3am.

But those are unlikely, as I am running this operation with MILITARY PRECISION. I am frikkin' INVADING the literary world! Cue "Defying Gravity" from WICKED, 'cuz:

"They're NEVER gonna bring ME DOWN!"

3 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

I'm either destined for greatness or about to become a cautionary tale. Only time will tell, since the time-travelers have been sworn to silence.

Speaking of which, when's the next Connie Willis book coming out?

Why, yes, I AM giddy. Giddy giddy giddy.

And saying "giddy" over and over just makes me giddier.

StephTheBookworm said...

That is extremely exciting.... aaaand I love Wicked.

Disgruntled Bear said...

Thanks, Steph!